University of Florida, Herbert Wertheim Laboratory for Engineering Excellence
Building Enclosure Renovation
The University of Florida’s Herbert Wertheim Laboratory for Engineering Excellence is an addition to the current Nuclear Sciences Building and substantial utility design and relocation efforts. The project consists of approximately 84,000 SF of state-of-the-art research and educational environment, bringing together interdisciplinary faculty, undergraduates, and graduate students in collision spaces that compel collaboration.
- Received and reviewed contractor’s shop drawings and submittals to be familiar with the proposed construction prior to project start-up
- Attended building enclosure-related pre-installation meetings at the project site to review project requirements from a technical and non-technical aspect. Reviewed scheduling, coordination of site visits, and reporting
- Reviewed the final building enclosure mock-ups at the project site and provided written comments
- Attended progress meetings at the project site as requested to review contractor progress and performance. Performed periodic observations of the contractor’s work related to the building enclosure and provided written field reports outlining methods and materials of construction and progress
- Observed testing of the building enclosure performed by others regarding the integrity of the installed systems to be tested.
- Provided written reports outlining observations of testing services
- Provided building enclosure commissioning reports including equipment and system maintainability expectations, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability goals, and warranty information
- Performed a 10-month post-occupancy facility review to identify potential problem areas and make recommendations to the Owner for correction