Dartmouth College, Red Rolfe Field at Biondi Park
Baseball Stadium Planning and Design
Gale provided the following services:
- Planning, design, permitting and construction period services
- Replacement of existing natural turf field with synthetic in-filled turf system
- Construction of a 600-person mitered grandstand and press box, and transportable special event seating for an additional 1,000 spectators.
- All aspects of this complex construction (parking, traveled route, seating, press box, and dug out) with fully compliant with ADA requirements.
- Red brick entrance columns, backstop wall, and dugouts are consistent with surrounding Ivy League architecture.
- Dugouts feature equipment storage and rest rooms.
- The practice complex features multiple bull pens and batting tunnels.
- Addressed all priority needs at the field, makes best use of available space, and provided cost-effective, yet state-of-the-art design solutions for renovation
This project was awarded the 2009 ASBA Distinguished Sports Facility Award.