Gale was engaged to assist with the development of Brown’s baseball and softball master plan in 2013. After two years of project advocacy, Gale was tasked to provide engineering services to make the master plan a reality. The project included:
- New synthetic turf baseball and softball facilities to meet NCAA and Ivy League standards
- Customized sunken dugouts to include heating, equipment storage, and dedicated coaches bench
- Customized mitered grandstands behind home plate with combination chair and bench seating
- New press boxes to include roof filming platform
- Field amenities to include bullpens, batting cages, field storage areas
- Site landscaping and accessible walkways
Gale provided the following services:
- Athletic campus master planning
- Existing conditions assessment (i.e., survey, soils exploration, etc.)
- Schematic planning and presentation of various alternatives for reconstruction
- Detailed design development to include grading, drainage, site utilities, etc.
- Permitting through the Rhode Island Department of Environment Management
- Construction period services included weekly construction meetings and general construction observation
The finished project recognized by the American Sports Builders’ Association (ASBA) as a 2018 Distinguished Facility.