Baseball and Softball Master Planning and Engineering Design Services
Gale was engaged to assist with the development of Brown’s baseball and softball master plan in 2013. After two years of project advocacy, we were next tasked to provide engineering services to make the master plan a reality.
- New synthetic turf baseball and softball facilities to meet NCAA and Ivy League standards
- Customized sunken dugouts to include heating, equipment storage, and dedicated coaches bench
- Customized mitered grandstands behind home plate with combination chair and bench seating
- New press boxes to include roof filming platform
- Field amenities to include bullpens, batting cages, field storage areas
- Site landscaping and accessible walkways
- Existing conditions assessment (i.e., survey, soils exploration, etc.)
- Schematic planning and presentation of various alternatives for reconstruction
- Detailed design development to include grading, drainage, site utilities, etc.
- Permitting through the Rhode Island Department of Environment Management
- Construction period services included weekly construction meetings and general construction observation